Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Introducing My Struble-Taylor Family

I descend from a bunch of Michiganders, and as it turns out, those who did not slip across from Canada were Germans who came by way of colonial Pennsylvania and New Jersey. This would be the case with my 3rd g-grandparents, Peter Dodder and Margaret Struble, who arrived in Michigan from New Jersey in the early 1830s. The Dodder line has been pretty thoroughly researched, and so I have turned my attention finally to the Struble line. The Struble's came from Odernheim in Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany around 1748, and there are many, many of us Struble descendants scattered around the U.S. at this point. I'd love nothing more than to either find or pull together a definitive genealogy on this family line. In the meantime, this blog will certainly focus that effort on the family of my 4th g-grandparents, Jacob Peter Struble (abt 1770-1835) and his wife Barbara Taylor (dates unsure).

And to be clear, it's really the TAYLOR line that is my next longest-standing brick wall. Taylor is such a common name for that time period, and certainly nobody seems sure where this particular Taylor line came from, although I'm already beginning to develop some theories. Let's just say that the places under investigation include: Bucks and Washington counties, PA; Sussex and Hunterdon counties, NJ; and Trumbull county, OH.

This ought to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment